April 20, 2011

Failed Spring Tutorial

 This was supposed to be my First Tutorial but that didn’t pan out at all lol.  Inspired by spring time, I love beautiful lilac and lavenders shades especially for this time of year.  As stated earlier this was to be filmed but my lighting was horrible but my pics came out fine,  One traditional smokey eye and a more dramatic cut crease look on the other.  Enjoy!!!!

how to get the look

 

 

1. Starting off with a primed eye.

I used Two Faced Shadow Insurance followed by Nyx Jumbo eye Pencil in White.

you can use anything you want, we’re just preventing creasing and giving the colors something to adhere to and help stand out.

 

2. Shadow time!!!!

Let’s start with the left eye (cut crease), for the lid I used Tulipano by Tokidoki.  Basically a matte light lilac with little to no shimmer.  After that I went back over the lid with purple Haze by E.G. Minerals.

 

Next I carved out my crease with a purple eye liner, I think I used Styli-Style liner in 130 Deep Purple.  After drawing that line I took a small brush and blended out the top of the line, we still want the bottom of the line to be crisp so try controlling your stroke lol.

 

I applied three colors for the crease action.  I used Purple by L.A. Colors Mineral Eyeshadow (a medium pinky-purple) for my basic crease blending color.  I used a doe foot shaped paint brush to ensure my color didn’t spread more than I wanted.  Now concentrating on the bottom line of the crease, I took Nancy Rocks by Tokidoki (a deeper matte purple)  and drew over the line to darken the line.  after blending that out I lost some color so I went in with Shadowy Lady by Mac (a blackish plum) and repeated that step.

my Highlight color is Highlight (a creamy beige) by NYX.

 

 

Moving over to the right eye, the traditional smokey eye.  I used the same products just applied them differently.

 

With some colors, its easier for me to do some thing out of order to get the color gradiation I like,

 

I started with my highlight I took Tulipano by Tokidoki and Highlight by NYX applied it under my brow.

 

Moving to the lid, I started with Purple by L.A. Colors Mineral Eyeshadow, packed that one with a flat shadow brush then blended that out with a crease brush.  In the Crease I applied African violet by E.G. Minerals (a light blue-ish purple) with a blending brush and that’s pretty much it. 

 

the thing with smokey eyes is all about the blending.  Now if you look at my pics I over-blended my crease, you can see that in different lighting but in natural light it looked ok, with that being said if you don’t intend on taking pics for the purpose of a tutorial lol, then you will be fine…

 

3. Lined with a black eyeliner and some fab lashes that look is complete.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages